All residents in Denmark need to have a CPR number (a social security number) and engaging in public life without one is impossible – for example, you need it to open a bank account, access your health insurance, borrow books from the library, pay taxes, receive a salary, etc. As a tenant of the Housing Foundation Copenhagen you will have to register your address in your accommodation. Your rental contract can serve as proof of legal address when you apply for a CPR number. 

How to register for CPR:

You can apply for the CPR number on this website. You have to use your rental contract as your housing confirmation, since the rental contract contains all the information that the housing confirmation asks for.

Please note that it is mandatory to apply for the CPR number when living in Denmark and renting through the Housing Foundation.

Registering for CPR when living in a 1-2 person room:

When you live in a 1-2 person room and have a partner/friend/family member living there with you, they must fill out a household application with the Housing Foundation. 

The Household Application must be completed before we can hand out a second set of keys and fill out the Housing Confirmation. 

The Housing Confirmation is needed to apply for the CPR number, if you do not have a rental contract. All tenants living with a friend or partner in a 1-2 person room must therefore make sure that they fill out the household application and housing confirmation.

The Household Application is made at The Housing Foundation office. Both tenants (contract holder + partner) must show up at the office to make the Household Application. It is important that both persons bring ID. 

Other questions ? Please send us an email